Thursday, November 17, 2011

Final Project: Untitled

DAMN SIANZ (Reflection)

It's a fun journey. I learned so many new photoshop techniques and I am proud to say I've finally been able to construct a believable layout that is well-blended using composite images. To have cooperative team members is also a blessing, especially when I'm down with Chicken Pox. All of my team members, Rachel, Deon and Caris were not complaining, but rather, updated me with the latest comments from the presentation.

Even though I'm not equipped with Flash / Flash Catalyst knowledge, I'm blessed with a member who have that set of skills. So as to make myself useful, I could only rely on my photoshop skills to contribute to the project. I volunteered to create all the backgrounds for the project.

To brush up my photoshop skills, especially when the creation of believable backgrounds require a substantial amount of knowledge in blending, Rachel recommended a website where I can learn more.

http://psd.tutsplus.com/sessions/photoshop-basix/

It was very useful, and for once, I can create a rather well-blended background. I even learned how to create panorama and stitch various images together to create a single layout. Needless to say, I was proud of my work. =)

How various images are duplicated and blended together on Photoshop




Main tools I used for this: Colour Adjustments, Auto Blending (Select layers you want to blend, Edit > Auto-Blend layers. It's amazing. Doesn't work all the time though. But it's still fantastic) Masking etc. I'm so happy!

Final Image:

I'm still very lousy with painting shadows, burn and dodge tool though. That's why my table still look a little out of place. I tried adding shadows under "Effects" but it still didn't work much. My understanding of light is still bad. Gotta brush up on that.

I'm glad I get a chance to work on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment