Monday, November 7, 2011

Assignment 1: Focus & Motion (Edited)

I managed to take some images right before I got my chicken pox for my revisions on Assignment 1.

I went to reshoot to ensure I got the best images. 

Slow Shutter:
This time, I maximised my shutter time with a tripod. The light that was captured was more brilliant than the first time. Longer light rays were captured and the street lights looked like stars at night. It was beautiful.

F Number: 25
Exposure Time: 13"

I tried HDR, and I got the result as shown below. Somehow the image was not as amazing as individual shots, besides the fact more things are revealed. Since the focus of the image is the slow shutter, I guess bringing out other elements in HDR (such as the buildings) is not important. But it was a fun attempt still, given I've never played with HDR before. 

F Number: 25
Exposure Time: 13"


 Deep Depth of Field (DDOF)

Taking note to bring out all foreground, mid-ground and background, I took the opportunity during a "photoshoot" with my friends to try out. As compared to my first attempt of capturing DDOF (shelter in the reservoir), I believe this is a better representation of DDOF, where all different depths are clear. Kudos to my friends who are willing to be my models!

F Number: 22
Exposure time: 1/13


I'll try to improve on other images when I have the time!




No comments:

Post a Comment